A great substitute to any processed sweet that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
•2 cans (15oz each) low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
•1 cup gluten free rolled oats
•1 medium sized pink lady apple, peeled and diced
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•2 medium bananas
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2) In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, oats, apple, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and bananas. Purée until it’s a smooth consistency. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
3) Transfer the batter to the lined pan and spread evenly or form into individual cookies and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake until the batter is browned around the edges but still softer in the center, about 40 minutes. Place on a rack and let cool for 15 minutes to let the cookie firm up.
4) Cut into bars or serve as cookies. Enjoy!!